[pmwiki-users] httpvariables not setting cookies

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Sat Sep 19 01:47:10 CDT 2009

Is there a problem with httpvariables setting cookies, or is it me?

I'm trying to use httpvariables to set cookies for use as parameter
values, so the user can change any parameter independently of the
others.  For some reason, httpvariables doesn't seem to be setting the
cookies. Refreshing the page doesn't help.

Is there a way to make this work? Or another technique for this
functionality? I'm trying to avoid using forms, for simplicity and
ease of use.

Here's my test code:

WikiSandbox has this markup:

[[Site.SetFormat?caller={*$FullName}?fmt=title |set fmt to title]]
Cookie value: {$@fmt}

Site.SetFormat has this markup:

(:cookie fmt {$?fmt} expires="+24 month":)
(:redirect {$?caller} quiet=1:)

When I click on the link, shouldn't the cookie value "title" appear on
the page? Certainly after a page refresh, right? Well it doesn't for me.

Randy

P.S. I'm using pmwiki-2.2.5 on my own computer under MAMP, OSX
Leopard. I've tried both Firefox and Safari. My configuration includes
these recipes: powertools, creole, wsplus, and httpvariables.