[pmwiki-users] Problems with PHP 5.3.0

SteP step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 07:24:27 CDT 2009

php 5.3.0 hangs with pmwiki. I am experiencing this issue as others have reported before with pmwiki
2.2.5 and php 5.3.0 with Chrome, Opera, and Firefox on Windows XP Pro SP3.
It can be easily reproduced just with the standard pmwiki 2.2.5 distro and no customizations, just
browse Main.HomePage, reload it a few times or edit+cancel the page -- eventually it will hang.
Reverting to php 5.2.10 fixes all problems.

To test this issue I used the WAMP server UniServer_Mona_5_1 from http://www.uniserver.com - simply :
- unzip it to C:\UniServer
- unzip phwiki-2.2.5.zip into the document root C:\UniServer\www
- add localhost:80 to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- run C:\UniServer\alternative_control\Start_Server.bat
- browse http://localhost/moreatless/pmwiki-2.2.5/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage