[pmwiki-users] Local template causing blank pages

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Sep 16 01:23:01 CDT 2009

On Sunday 13 September 2009 23:00:29 Randy Brown wrote:
> I've discovered that even if pagelist uses include to get the MyPTV
> value, rather than taking it from the PTV, it still chokes when the
> page count is 300-something large. But if I break the pagelist line
> into two separate pagelists with ranges, count=200 and count=201..400,
> I get the full page.
>
> Even if this workaround continues to work for me as my wiki gets
> larger, I still would like to know what limitations might be causing
> PmWiki to choke on my large list of pages. Does any documentation
> exist for max number of pages, etc. As I said before, MaxIncludes was
> not the issue.

A completely blank page is often caused by an out-of-memory error in PHP. If
this is the case, there might be some information about the crash in the
server logs.

Your pagelist is caching a number of sections of each page, and it is possible
that at 306 pages this goes over the memory limit. And with a different
pagelist template caching less page data, it could work fine.

If the memory limit is your problem, you can raise this limit in php.ini, the
PHP configuration file, where you can change the line to:

  memory_limit = 48M

  See http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.memory-limit