[pmwiki-users] if equal value1 value2 = if equal vale2 value1 ??

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:16:31 CDT 2009

Hello the list,

I'm doing some tests with pagelist plus if param and I get a new question
separated from other thread I opened recently.
There is something strange for me, I would like to be documented or
explained :
should : if equal VALUE1 VALUE2 give same results as : if equal VALUE2
VALUE1 ?
I ask this because I get surprising (at least for me) results :

(:pagelist if="equal 1993 {=$:Date}" fmt=#titredate cache=0:) : works fine,
4 exact matches
(:pagelist if="equal {=$:Date} 1993" fmt=#titredate cache=0:) : doesn't work
as expected : 4 exact matches + 5 false (all false matches are like this one
: Date : 1915, 1915, 1916, 1919s., 2007)

(can be seen there : http://www.languefrancaise.net/docs/Test/Page20)

On PmWiki,
(:pagelist group=Cookbook if="equal Stable {=$:Status}":) (a)
(:pagelist group=Cookbook if="equal {=$:Status} Stable":) (b)

(can be seen there : http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PageListIf2)

doesn't show exactly the same results : as one can see : (b) limits result
to pages including exactly Status: Stable when (a) is less strict and list
also page where Status: Stable with something else

If I don't mistake, I can't see this documented on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ConditionalMarkup ; I don't know if this a
normal way of if equal param should work.

(I ask this question because I'm having some difficulties with pagelists
using if condition and this subject was a source of trouble.)

Thank you four your lights.

Gilles.

--