[pmwiki-users] Troubleshooting: Mimetex seems to test out correctly, but not in PMWiki

Vornoff Jungle formosanbobsled at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 05:46:54 CDT 2009

I don't understand.

Mimetex has a few built-in tests, like going to

*http://localhost/cgi-bin/mimetex.cgi?x^2+y^2*

and verifying that the text is rendered properly.

My install renders that, so my cgi-bin is working.

However, when I enter anything similar in my pmwiki pages, including
easy examples such as

{$ x^2 + y^2 = z^2 $}

and more complicated examples, I get nothing but ASCII back.

I'm running XAMPP, PMWiki, and Mimetex on an EEEPC with original Xandros and
the most recent BIOS.

Can anyone advise me on how to troubleshoot this?
Thanks in advance.