[pmwiki-users] Uploads not working

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Oct 2 07:14:19 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM, paul badger <pbadger at verizon.net> wrote:
> The wiki asks for the password, twice, then displays "file not
> uploaded" with no additional information.

While the rest of the description doesn't match, this request of the
password twice is something I *just* dealt with.  Here's Petko's
answer:

===(snip)===
It could also happen if (farm)config.php, or an included recipe, directly
calls the functions CondAuth(), or RetrieveAuthPage(), PageTextVar(),
PageVar() and possibly others, before defining all passwords and before
including AuthUser (if required).

For the record, a workaround is mentioned at the following page:
 http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01143

However, the rest of your description sounds (to me) like a problem
with sessions.  Are password-protected pages accessible as expected,
passwords being remembered after entered, etc.?

Also you might check your $ScriptUrl variable and make sure it is set
up correctly with the new server setup...

Just some tho'ts to try...

-Peter