[pmwiki-users] Pagelist wrap= parameter documentation error?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Sun May 24 03:07:27 CDT 2009

Simon wrote:

>Sounds like you have done the research, please go ahead and update (note
>possible typo below)

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Here again what I wrote:

>> I don't want to change the docs without a confirmation because I'm not
>> 100% sure what happens.

I checked the code for one certain situation, but I don't know the
general rules. That's not enough to make a good documentation.

The documentation should contain the goal of the intention of the
three variants and I can only guess obout.

BTW: My posting was obviously wrong: One of the two "wrap=HTML"
entries should read "wrap=none". Cut/paste error, will check this
later when I have access to my test server.

Should I add something like "in contrast to the statement above, I
found that wrap=... yields ... etc. but I don't know why and I wonder
fix this"?

IMO it's better to ask such questions in the mailing list.

The PmWiki docs already contain too many of these uncertain,
unconfirmed findings with open questions added by users not knowing
what happens.

IMO this gives a bad impression on the PmWiki docs diminishing
(undeservedly) the acceptance.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)