[pmwiki-users] Javascript to require "Summary" for changes

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon May 18 06:54:29 CDT 2009

On Monday 18 May 2009 12:11:18 Oliver Betz wrote:

> [...]
>
> > It is difficult for me to extensively test this on Windows, so feedback
> > for any problems (all browsers) will be welcome.
>
> with Internet Explorer, klicking a GUIButton is handled like an
> attempt top leave the page => notsaved prompts whether I really want
> to leave the page.

Bad. But it seems fixable by modifying the guiedit.js script
(pmwiki/pub/guiedit/guiedit.js), around line 15:

replacing :
   href=\"javascript:insMarkup(
with :
   onclick=\"insMarkup(

(Could you please test it and report?)

There is no other functional difference between the two versions, and
guiedit.js becomes smaller, so this fix may some day appear in the core.

> Hmm, I really should check pages with Internet Explorer before
> releasing pages to the public...

You checked... :-)
  http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2009-April/054705.html

Petko