[pmwiki-users] How to mix structured data and free content in a page?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed May 13 02:06:41 CDT 2009

Hello All,

consider that personal pages shall contain structured data like name,
phone number... to be used in adress lists etc., and some unstructured
content.

The wiki is used by less experienced people (else I would let people
edit the structured/PTV stuff directly).

I want to reduce the possibility that they screw up the structured
content.

But I also want a lightweight solution, e.g. PmForm.

I consider a separate page containing the structured stuff, e.g.
JohnDoe-Data, and the personal group has a GroupHeader pulling content
from the {$Name}-Data and a link to a form to edit this content. This
way, users see and edit the structured content only by the given
interfaces.

The drawback is that I have two pages for each user, and I have to
check/maintain consistency.

Any hints?

Oliver