[pmwiki-users] Problems with RecentChanges after migration

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:36:28 CDT 2009

There's another problem after the migration of PanAfriL10n.org:
Latin-1 characters with accents (i.e., non-ASCII) are not recognized.

First, it was apparently necessary to write a script to get the files.

Second, something like [[Côte d'Ivoire]] became CTeDIvoire. (see
http://www.panafril10n.org/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/Countries )

Or hover over a blank link for Systèmes alphabétiques (page not
created) at http://www.panafril10n.org/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/Orthography
 ... and note what displays in the bar below the browser.

I personally don't have the knowledge to figure out what has gone
haywire, and my colleagues have the knowledge but are just learning
PmWiki because of this Wiki.

Has anyone else encountered such an ASCII dumbing-down and what could
be the causes? TIA.

Don