[pmwiki-users] How to disable "recent version / talk page" footer

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat May 9 08:50:25 CDT 2009

On Saturday 09 May 2009 12:14:05 Roc wrote:
> I just installed the latest stable pmwiki and realised that on any
> page i create (except for the home page) there is a "footer" saying:
> "This page may have a more recent version on pmwiki.org: PmWiki:XXXX,
> and a talk page: PmWiki:XXXX-Talk."
> (where XXXX is the name of the page)

Hi. This should only happen in the PmWiki/ group for pages from the
documentation. It should not happen in other groups.

We somehow assumed that the PmWiki/ group will be reserved for the
documentation, while the Main/ and other groups, will contain the site's own
pages.

> While i understand the functionality, i really don't need this. How do
> i disable it?

Edit your own wiki page [[PmWiki.GroupFooter]] on your site. This text is from
the line starting with >>bgcolor=#ffe... to the end.

This page has also a code that displays a WikiTrail on pages that are linked
to from PmWiki.DocumentationIndex, you may remove it either.

There are also some settings in the [[PmWiki.GroupHeader]] which you may want
to remove.

Note also that pages that come with the distribution are harder to delete from
within the wiki. You can either blank them (empty), or you have to remove
their files from the directory pmwiki/wikilib.d/ .

Thanks,
Petko