[pmwiki-users] Problem editing pages -- mod_security the cause?

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 08:23:08 CDT 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Petko Yotov wrote:

>> ModSecurity is presumably there for a reason.. so: Does anyone have any
>> experience on how to deal with this kind of situation? Or simply ideas?
>
> Please see :
>  http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Troubleshooting#mod_security
>
> This is a frequent question, and unfortunately sometimes nothing can be
> done. A hosting provider using mod_security to block percents is overly
> paranoid, and their competence can be questioned.

Hi Petko,

Thanks for the answer. This time it's actually not a regular hosting
provider, but on a virtual machine where they at least say they require us
to use ModSecurity.

Thanks,
Christian

PS. Guess I've been lucky to not have suffered this issue before, it's
pretty much six years since I started using PmWiki!

--
Christian Ridderström				Mobile: +46-70 687 39 44