[pmwiki-users] Old version to new version, another issue

Timm tjburns at charter.net
Sun Mar 22 15:50:56 CDT 2009

I'm trying to work through the conversion of my 1.x site to 2.x

According to the instructions, I can test the new version with the old
pages by putting the following in my config.php in the 2.x installation

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/compat1x.php");
    UseV1WikiD("/path/to/pmwiki1/wiki.d");

where path is replaced by the path to the old wiki.d file.  I can also
remove the wiki.d folder in the new installation; I have just renamed it
to wiki.d.old

I am on a shared server, the entire path to the 1.x wiki.d folder is

/big/dom/xmysite/www/mysite/pmwiki/wiki.d

the new pmwiki is installed in

/big/dom/xmysite/www/mysite/pmwiki220/wiki.d

So I have changed the config.php insert language to:

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/compat1x.php");
    UseV1WikiD("/big/dom/xmysite/www/mysite/pmwiki/wiki.d");

when I refresh the wiki page, nothing loads - there is no page source to
be viewed.

I have also tried this eliminating the directories one at a time until
I'm down to /mysite/pmwiki, just to see if I am somehow not to use the
top level directories, nothing changes.

What am I missing?