[pmwiki-users] update a php value via php

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Mar 17 13:30:02 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:52 PM, noskule <noskule at gmx.net> wrote:

> I would like to update a ptv in the users profile page after login. So I
> need a function which I could execute in config.php. Something like
>
> writeptv(pagename, ptv, value)
>
> I did try peters toolbox, but the probleme there is that it can't be
> executed in config php cause it needs stdconfig.php be initialized first.

To further clarify, it appears that UpdatePage() has several dependencies
which prevent it from executing at the time config.php is being run.  We
tried simply bringing in stdconfig.php early, but that simply exposed
another dependency (maybe $LinkPattern?).  I copied that in from pmwiki.php
further on down and that exposed another dependency.  About that time I
figured things were going south on that particular approach...

Has anybody gotten UpdatePage() working when called directly from
config.php?

Noskule, you could copy the writeptv() and sub-functions from toolbox.php
and replace UpdatePage() with a simple WritePage().  You lose some
functionality (historical revisions?) but it might get you where you want to
be...

-Peter