[pmwiki-users] pagelist extension - experimental

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Mar 17 01:25:08 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Kathryn Andersen <
kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:

> ...  Also I would have expected "+" to be use for union rather than
> intersection, since with union you are "adding" two sets together.
> How about using '+' for union and '^' for intersection?

Yes, you're right, '+' is a bad choice there.  I think I might go back to
what is more pmwiki-ish and keep just the comma for the union (name=a,b,c)
and just the space for intersection (:pagelist term1 term2:).  My thinking
on the '+' was coming from the syntax some search engines use which marks
required search terms with a +, but I think in this case it would cause more
confusion than help...

So in my experiment I'm going back to just a single operator for each
function (comma=or, -=and not, space=and).

-Peter