[pmwiki-users] Whole Site Unprotected - not asking for password when editing side bar etc.

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:09:38 CST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Nigel Thomas
<nigel.cl.thomas at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Another point; the admin password should stop you editing Site.SideBar, but
> the pmwiki template includes:
>
>         <!--wiki:{$Group}.SideBar {$SiteGroup}.SideBar--></td>
>
> so you CAN edit {$Group}.SideBar which will be included in preference to
> Site.SideBar...
>
> Furthermore, according to PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks: "The pages in the Site
> group (except the Site.SideBar) are locked by default" (my emphasis).

Ok - I think you've given me enough info to go back and figure this
out - but I saw

> Site.SideBar is locked with the site-wide edit password, if one is set.

and interpreted that to mean since you set up a password, the sidebar is locked.

Maybe that should read Site.SideBar **CAN** be locked with the
site-wide password, if one is set.

Brian