[pmwiki-users] pmwikidraw - several people have problems under linux. java issue?

Patrick Ogay (lists) lists at basel-inside.ch
Mon Mar 2 23:35:32 CST 2009

I asked in a previous posting whether pmwikidraw is functional on the
pmwiki site. It is.
Everything was fine for me too, when I tested my implementation of
pmwikidraw under Windows.

Until know *it doesn't work* on my systems with ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10.
A quest in #ubuntu.de showed me, that several people have the problem
with pmwikidraw, and that the applet doesn't work "out of the box" with
many linux Java installations.
In my case the drawing was marked in a red box (seems normal behaviour)
but the edit window didn't come up.
One person reported, that he had an error message when saving.

It's a petty when the applet is not reliably usable under Linux,
but I have no idea, where the problem could be, and how i could debug,

regards
Patrick Ogay