[pmwiki-users] PTVs & pageindex - was: FoxEdit & Category

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jun 19 13:23:17 CDT 2009

On 6/18/2009, "adam overton" <a at plus1plus1plus.org> wrote:
>but the main thing i'm writing about, however, still persists.
>
>the following still doesn't show up in the pagelist immediately, and
>i'm wondering if it should?
>	(:myPtv: [[!Blem]]:)my category - {$:myPtv}
>	pages with Category.Blem
>	(:pagelist group=Test fmt=#simple link=Category.Blem list=all :)

Hi. This comes from the fact that PmWiki reads PageTextVariables and
PageList templates from the "saved" page instead of from the content
that is being posted (for preview and for save). When you post your
page, PmWiki saves all link targets, that will be used by the pagelist
link= parameter. Only, {*$PTVs} are read from the previously saved wiki
page.

There is a related PITS entry for this issue. We discussed it before (not
a bug, but a design choice), but I am willing to at least add a switch
that allows admins to select the other behavior.

See - vote - comment - at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01098

Thanks,
Petko