[pmwiki-users] AuthUserOpenID and authentication

Steve Glover steve.glover at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 05:54:27 CDT 2009

Hi Bryce,

> I'm trying to set up OpenID access for my wiki users who are on LiveJournal,
> so that they can use that to log in and edit without having to memorize a
> separate login/password for my wiki.  So far I've got the AuthUserOpenId
> package installed, my local config.php is loading it successfully, and I put
> in the $ScriptUrl fix mentioned on the cookbook page.  I've also updated the
> Site/AuthForm page with an OpenID form, and added "openid://module" to the
> Site/AuthUser page, both as instructed in the cookbook.

I tried this about a year ago and got intermittent success: it worked
with myopenid.com but not with any others of about three OpenId
providers I'd tried it with (including LJ - I'd hoped to be able to use
a combination of LJ-mediated OpenId and the wiki owner's friends list to
control access).

This wasn't for my day job (although one day I'm going to have to have a
more serious look at shibbolising PmWiki), so I put it to one side.

On seeing your email, I went back and had a look again and in the
intervening year, an upgrade to either my pmwiki installation or by the
myopenid.com folk means that now I can't login that way either....

I've had a look round for pmwiki sites with an openid login screen (a
bit of a pin, actually - there are far more pmwiki sites that mention
openid than actually use it), and have found

http://www.learningtechnologyconsortium.org
http://www.algosyn.rwth-aachen.de/wiki
https://shortbus.org/p/SSLI/Week051227

However, testing these with my openid fails. Of course, they may have a
whitelist of some sort, so that doesn't necessarily mean that the recipe
doesn't work....

Good luck!

Steve