[pmwiki-users] Using $GroupPattern in a wikifarm

Martin Kerz mkerz at me.com
Mon Jul 20 03:02:29 CDT 2009

>> is there a way to define a $GroupPattern in the farmconfig.php, and
>> let
>> the fields add their own groups in their local config.php?
>
> Yes, a farmconfig.php can define a $GroupPattern (or any other
> configuration variable).  The individual fields can then override
> that setting with their own....

Unfortunately that doesn't work. I have in farmconfig.php:

$GroupPattern = '(?:Site|SiteAdmin|PmWikiDe|Main|Profile|Intern)';

and in the fields config.php:

$GroupPattern = '(?:Site|SiteAdmin|PmWikiDe|Main|Profile|Intern|Test)';

And the page Test/HomePage e.g. cannot be accessed.

> ...but I suspect this is not exactly what you're asking for.
> Is there something I'm missing?

Actually I was looking for some simpler method to pass over additional
Groups in adding the Group name in some kind of array. But redefining
the whole lot is also okay for me, as long as it actually works. ;-)

Martin