[pmwiki-users] Fixing the documentation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 13 13:35:07 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 04:30:48PM +0100, Ed W wrote:
> Hi, I brought this up previously, but can I get a final opinion on this
> so that we can fix the documentation once and for all:
>
> - Basically what wiki words are "special" and exempt from the normal
> spacing rules?
> - So far I have "PmWiki" for certain
> - Possibles (based on context) are: "PageList", "WikiStyle" and "WikiTrail"

I've read the many replies to this thread and it looks like it
quickly degenerated into a flame fest.  Let's start over.

Ed:  Exactly what "normal spacing rules" are you referring to here?

> eg just looking at http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DocumentationIndex
> * [[Pagelist Variables]]
> * [[PageList Templates]]

I haven't decided if it should be "Pagelist" or "PageList".  I have
no strong attachment to either.

>  [[Wiki Wiki Web]]  - differs from the front page

WikiWikiWeb (one word, no spaces)

> * [[Change log]] - (should this be [[Changelog]]?)

I think I would prefer  "ChangeLog" to "Change-log" or "Change_log",
so one word.

> * [[AuthUser]]  - should this be [[Auth User]]?
> * [[PerGroup customizations]]

These look correct to me in the original.

> * [[Custom wiki styles]] - elsewhere "WikiStyles" is quite common,
> versus "Wiki Styles" here?

I prefer "WikiStyles" to "Wiki Styles"

> * [[PageDirectives]]

I can go either way on this one.

> * [[InterMap]]

This is correct -- one word.

> Patrick - can you please give an official opinion on the exceptions and
> I will work through the docs and try to fix everything?  I recommend
> that these are then put in as the default "don't space" config param

I don't understand what you mean by "don't space" config param,
though -- can you be more explicit?