[pmwiki-users] Passing arguments to a PmWiki page

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 07:59:26 CDT 2009

Monday, July 13, 2009, 12:00:08 PM, Harry Forsdick wrote:

> Is there any way to pass such arguments using the notation
> [[Group.Name]].  I tried some obvious notations such as:

>    [[Group.Name?arg1=xxx&arg2=yyy]]

> but that didn't work.

> And also, is there some standard configuration or cookbook recipe
> for retrieving such argument-value pairs?

Have  a look at  GET variables on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HttpVariables

With that recipe installed you can do a link like

 [[Group.Name?arg1=xxx&arg2=yyy]]

and use on the link target Group.Name

 {$?arg1}  {$?arg2}

which will show the values passed (otherwise nothing).
Note the special syntax for the GET variables.

  ~Hans