[pmwiki-users] PmForms for populating a PmWiki page with an archive of papers

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Jul 2 19:39:26 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Karl Schilke<schilkek at onid.orst.edu> wrote:
> I'm envisioning a main page (Papers.Main) that (:include:)'s a series
> of short pages (e.g. Papers.Johnson2002) to create the master index.
> Each subpage would have the above text, ideally marked up and viewable
> as a separate entity. A page template would be used to pre-populate
> the markup for pages upon creation.
>
> It seems to me that a form-based approach would be ideal. I'm thinking
> of a "Add paper" link from the main page that creates each of the
> sub-pages based on four textboxes and a file upload for the PDF
> version. I haven't had an opportunity to explore the PmForm
> extensions. Is this the right tool for the job?
>
> Would a PTV approach make sense here? Does anyone know of a similar
> system that I could look at as a starting point for my application?
> I'd be happy to "donate" a version as an example for pmwiki.org, once
> I get it working.

You might want to look into
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms for this.  Very quick
and easy setup.  It's not designed to be a general-purpose forms
solution, however, so make sure that its functionality fits the bill
before implementing.  From your brief description I think, though, it
would be the easiest road for you to get to full functionality.

-Peter