[pmwiki-users] upload does not overwrite

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 15:36:53 CST 2009

Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 9:15:18 PM, Launa Morris wrote:

> I am having problems getting uploads to overwrite existing files. I am
> running 2.2.0 beta65.

> I understand it should rewrite by default. The stats even change as if it
> has uploaded the new version but it does not. I have also tried deleting the
> file and re-uploading it and it still has the old version. I have also set
> $EnableUploadVersions = 1; which looks like it uploads the new and renames
> the old, but both are the same.

It may well upload just fine, but when you try to download th enew
file, you still get an old version hold in some server's cache.
Give it some time, perhaps hours, and it may work well then.
At least that was my experience uploading to pmwiki.org:
the new file was there, but I could not download that version for some
two hours.

  ~Hans