[pmwiki-users] Rating cookbooks

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jan 24 12:57:53 CST 2009

On Saturday 24 January 2009 19:27:19 Eemeli Aro wrote:
> 2009/1/24 Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr>:
> > It is however Simpler than the SimpleRating implementation:
> >
> >  * {support} Great recipe. [[~John]] January 2, 2009 at 16:31 pm
> >  * {oppose} Didn't work for me (PHP5 required). ~~~~
> >  * {comment} Please note that it requires SQLite. ~~~~
>
> This makes whole lot of sense. Especially given this argument that's
> been raging about just which term to use, having a variety of options
> is the only logical answer. Not sure about it being simpler than
> SimpleRating,

I meant, it is on one line, just "* vote/voice", "argument", "signature".

> given that this thing ought to have some kind of
> interface for quickly adding one's opinion.

I am not sure we *need* a form to quickly add everyone's opinion.

It is a very simple markup that can be edited the normal way a wiki page is
edited. Users that endorse, support or recommend a recipe should be
experienced enough to quickly add their voice+argument via editing the page
the wiki way.

There is no point in making it too easy to add an opinion (easier than it is
required to have quality comments).

Petko