[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release

john.rankin at affinity.co.nz john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Fri Jan 23 14:52:08 CST 2009

> I'd like to cast my vote for the endorsement camp. In his
> counter-argument John managed to point out almost all the points I'd
> make for this, but I'd like to add two more:

It was mostly the *word* "endorsement" I objected to. The
definition in Christian's post gave us "Supporter" and that
seems to capture the concept more plainly.

> So there should be an opportunity to add such a comment to an
> endorsement -- or whatever term is picked. In fact, that comment ought
> to by default include a mention of the current version of the recipe.

Agree in theory, but I suspect the version information may not
be reliable. I suggest the "Supporter since" date be yyyy-mm-dd
format, so it can be linked to the version release history.

JR