[pmwiki-users] Using latest PmWiki and AuthUser, but can't set a READ password

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jan 16 02:07:15 CST 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 23:37:31 Chris Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 23:07 +0100, Petko Yotov wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 January 2009 18:02:11 Chris Cox wrote:
> > > I'm stuck.  I have AuthUser installed....
> > >
> > > $DefaultPasswords['attr'] = crypt('secret');
> > >
> > > When I go to a page and do ?action=attr I would
> > > love to have just members of the @admins group
> > > have access.... I thought I just needed to supply
> > > @admins for the read password.
> >
> > Hi. You should be able to do it with this:
> >
> >   $DefaultPasswords['attr'] = array('@admins');
> >
> > Note that a user with the administrator password can always open
> > ?action=attr, other user IDs should be defined in the page
> > SiteAdmin.AuthUser :
> >
> >   @admins: alice, dave
>
> Yes... the root cause of my problem is that when I edit attributes,
> none of the changes are getting saved.  I can edit pages... but the
> attribute changes don't get saved.

What version of PmWiki are you using? In the current 2.2 beta68 which will
soon be declared stable, all seems to work fine with the code I suggested. I
am unable to reproduce the problem of attributes not saved.

Are you using AuthUser or another recipe such as UserAuth?

Are there any other scripts and recipes enabled on that wiki? Especially ones
that deal with passwords and authentication? If yes, does disabling these
recipes fix the problem?

Is there a URL address that I could look at? Setting $EnableDiag=1; in
config.php and giving me temporary edit and attr permissions, at least for
the WikiSandbox page, could speed up the diagnose and the eventual fixes.

Thanks,
Petko