[pmwiki-users] Any hope for 2.2.0 stable release?

mike moller mike.moller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 17:40:36 CST 2009

This is a general comment on the discussion in this thread and the
fact that it is technically recorded as a reply to a specific recent
post is immaterial ....

We're now at something like 20 posts on this thread, plus others in
related threads that have been spawned. Its clear there is some
appetite for clarifying the status of the version 2.2.... beta
situation and also for protecting the credibility of the past
investments in PmWiki while assuring a viable development path into
the future ... HOWEVER ...

we do have an "ignoring the elephant in the room" situation here -
it's now a year ago (during last January) that Patrick indicated in a
post that he was confronting major health issues within his immediate
family, that this was inevitably taking up much of attention and that
he hoped to become more responsive on the PmWiki front in due course.

I'm sure I'm not alone among those who have followed the progress of
PmWiki for some years in noticing that Patrick's participation during
2008 has been at a much reduced level compared with earlier times.

I'm also sure that we all wish Patrick and his family the best
possible outcome that can be achieved in their personal circumstances.
Having said that I believe it behooves us all as a community to be
cautious in attempting to move PmWiki forward from here. At the very
least common courtesy requires that we seek Patrick's contribution to
these discussions before anyone seeks to put any new project
arrangements in concrete form.

There's room, indeed a need for, a bit of sensitivity here rather than
any headlong charge because a group of users may be under pressure
from an immediate imperative
--
Mike Moller
Lallybroch Alpacas