[pmwiki-users] WikiSh give "DeleteKey (delete) does not match $DeleteKeyPattern. Unable to delete."

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Feb 25 13:56:14 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Graham Archer <Graham.Archer at sun.com>wrote:

> In a test wiki I'm trying to rename a page Test to Test-Archive. I'm
> doing this via the control panel.
> The command I'm using is:
> mv Test.Test  Test.Test-Archive
>
> When I execute the command I get this error:
>
> ERROR: rm(): DeleteKey (delete) does not match $DeleteKeyPattern. Unable
> to delete.
>
> How can I resolve this?  Currently the wiki is set to delete pages if
> there is no text on them and I would like to keep that setting.

WikiSh deletes pages by writing the delete key to them to ensure that all
normal processing of deleted pages occurs just as if you put the delete key
in an edit window and saved.  If you've redefined the $DeleteKeyPattern then
you will need to set $DeleteKey to the value that WikiSh should write to the
page (in this case simply an empty string).

If you include this in your config.php it should solve the problem:

$DeleteKey = '';

Hope that helps.

-Peter