[pmwiki-users] Another stab at ratings on PmCalendar page

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Feb 23 22:29:19 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:59:03PM -0600, Chris Cox wrote:
> [[Cookbook/PmCalendar-Fan]]
>
> And then that boosts the "rating" (or fans I guess is better).
> You can see the total count on the PmCalendar page, going to
> the PmCalendar-Fan page shows who the fans are in addition to
> the count total.

I would prefer "user" rather than "fan"; I think it is clearer and
simpler.  The term "fan" could mean that you like it but don't use it;
but "user" says that you use it (a simple yes/no question), which I
think we agreed was a good first pass for the "ratings" thing.

Otherwise, I like the idea of linking to a Cookbook/Recipe-User page,
rather than linking to the Recipe page itself, because many of us use
"link to a page from one's profile page" as a way of getting
notifications for pages one is interested in, which may or may not be
recipes one is a "fan" of.  (Can one be a fan of one's own recipe?)

Kathryn Andersen