[pmwiki-users] Sandbox with examples as newbie help?

Brent Marshall brent.blog at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:18:22 CST 2009

On 2/19/09, Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:

>  in addition to the ongoing discussion about the beginner
>  documentation:
>
>  What do you think about preloading the sandbox with examples of the
>  basic markup?
>
>  This way a newbie had a "documenting" starting point for his first
>  steps.

While I would not want that to substitute for other pages, I can see
how that could provide useful help. However, since the purpose of the
sandbox is to experiment and test, it seems that these examples might
not survive too many edits. One might get around this with some
mechanism to periodically restore the sandbox to a basic state that
included the examples.

Brent Marshall