[pmwiki-users] Flickr, Youtube, etc.

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 12:07:17 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

> Tegan Dowling wrote:
>>
>> Could some php guru visit the various files in the section entitled
>> "YouTube, Flickr Video, Google Video, and Vimeo" (swf-sites.php,
>> swf-sites2.php, youtube2.php etc.), and see if they can be combined?
>
> Personally I'm using http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Flash#alternative
> -- it works for all flash content, with no restrictions on which site it
> comes from. Works great.
>
> One of the reasons the page is so cluttered is that there are two basic
> alternatives:
> 1] Allow users to link to any flash content (flash.php)
> 2] Provide specific markup for each flash provider (all the others)
>
> In reality they all do pretty much the same thing.

Thanks, Dave,

So flickr slideshows can't be embedded with any of these because they
aren't .swf files, right?

(e.g. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobsyouruncle/sets/72157612582511784/show/)

For that matter, I don't find links to youtube vids that are links to
.swf files, either

e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ljY0Z-8Gc, which has embed code:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4ljY0Z-8Gc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param
name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4ljY0Z-8Gc&hl=en&fs=1"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always"
allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How would I convert that?