[pmwiki-users] Flickr, Youtube, etc.

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:09:38 CST 2009

I'd like to allow users of my sites to embed Flickr slideshows and
Youtube videos.  I've been doing this by enabling the requisite hmtl
code for individual, edit-protected pages, but now and then someone
wants these capabilities enabled globally on a site for which
edit-access has or will be broadly conferred.  I'm uncomfortable
enabling the html in such cases.  I find some recipe add-ins on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Flash that ought to provide the
solution, but those addins are fragmented.

Could some php guru visit the various files in the section entitled
"YouTube, Flickr Video, Google Video, and Vimeo" (swf-sites.php,
swf-sites2.php, youtube2.php etc.), and see if they can be combined?

ALSO, can someone tell if swf-sites.php or swf-sites2.php should
enable a flickr slide-show, or only flickr video?

I CAN'T be alone in needing this kind of thing -- the future is in
this ability to display widgets and gadgets, but we need a way to do
it safely.  If I can do any of the work of organizing information to
make this comparison/combining work easier for a PHP do-er, I'd be
happy to try to help; as it is, I can only apologize for pointing out
a problem with no ability to offer assistance.

Tegan Dowling
http://twitter.com/wikignome

"The future's here already. It's just unevenly distributed." -- William Gibson