[pmwiki-users] $FullName and $EnablePathInfo = 1;

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sat Feb 7 20:04:16 CST 2009

Hans wrote:
> EnablePathInfo affects just the url, so you get script/group/page in
> the address bar. $FullName allways renders as Group.Name.
> You can use {$Group}/{$Name} instead.
I'm not really sure that this is a problem, but would seem to mean that
a single page will now be accessible, and recorded by search engines as
having two URLs -- one with a '.' and one with a '/'. In theory that may
reduce the weighting applied to a particular page.

It also means that any rewrite rules need to be able to handle both
scenarios. Not a big deal, but there none-the-less.

  ~ ~ Dave