[pmwiki-users] .htaccess file

Wade Hudson wade at wadehudson.net
Mon Dec 28 16:59:27 CST 2009

My current homepage is http://charternetwork.org/public_html/pmwiki.php
I want it to be http://charternetwork.org

The default .htaccess file is in public_html/local.
It reads:
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all

Following Example 3 at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls#examples, I'm using the
following for my .htaccess file.

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# The rewrite base will be the document root.
RewriteBase /
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           ~someuser/pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ ~someuser/pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ ~someuser/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1
[QSA,L]

But after I change my confif.php accordingly, leave the default
.htaccess file untouched, and place this file in my root directory, it
does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Wade