[pmwiki-users] group headers not working in login page???

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 17:14:59 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:13 AM, dan mcmullen <bang at bangzero.org> wrote:
> ps- looks like it's the same situation for the uploads page.
>
> On 12/26/09 7:01 PM, dan mcmullen wrote:
>> hello all!
>>
>> i am using an AllGroupHeader page to define some global styles.  it
>> seems that group headers are not normally in effect for some page
>> actions - i.e. PageName?action=xxx.  for the search and edit actions i
>> can put (:groupheader:) in the respective Site page and enable the
>> global styles.  but this does not work in Site.AuthForm, so the global
>> styles are missing on the login page.
>>
>> anyone know of a way to make this work?  i could just disable the site
>> header and sidebar for the login page, which hides the problem.  but it
>> would be nicer to present the login page in the same format as the rest
>> of the site.

I like to set my sites up so that, as much as possible, things are
do-able from within the wiki -- so that users (appropriately
authorized/authenticated) can configure stuff without having access to
the server, SO I respect your effort to configure global styles from
within wiki pages that are globally displayed.

How about putting your settings (or including something like a
Site.GlobalStylesSettings page) in the site's header instead of its
AllGroupHeader? I don't use the default PmWiki skin, so I'm not
familiar with what elements have what actual names, but I mean the
page that produces the part of the skin that contains the site's logo
and main title.