[pmwiki-users] Basic questions about WikiTrails

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Dec 27 01:08:55 CST 2009

[Re-sending : looks like I've had some problem with e-mail yesterday.]

On Saturday 26 December 2009 19:41:35 Mike wrote
> >> 2) is there a way to add titles to the next and previous page? So that
> >> instead of looking like this:
> >>
> >> << TrailPage234 | Hidden Trail Index Page | TrailPage236 >>
> >> it looks like
> >> << Back to the page about birds | Go to the animals page | Continue to
> >> page about dogs >>

> Only thing I'm still missing to be happy is a way to supply an
> *alternative* to the trail index page.

Hi. Currently all this can be done with a pagelist, although it is more
complicated than just a <|Index|>

In Site.LocalTemplates, add your pagelist template:

[[#mytrail]]
(:if equal {*$FullName} {=$FullName}:)
%wikitrail% << [[{<$FullName}| Back to {<$Title} ]] | [[ HomePage | Go Home ]]
| [[{>$FullName}| Continue to {>$Title} ]] >>
(:ifend:)
[[#mytrailendend]]

In your page or possibly in GroupFooter (so that you don't have to repeat it):

  (:pagelist trail=MyHiddenTrail fmt=#mytrail:)

You can see something like this and a discussion in our cookbook:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DynamicTrails

You can learn about PageLists here:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageListTemplates