[pmwiki-users] Can animations and video be embedded securely?

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Fri Dec 11 23:10:04 CST 2009

I was trying out the flash recipes swf.php and swf-sites.php, and noticed that some <embedded> code for an unsupported site unexpectedly seems to have at least partially executed. That got me wondering...

What are the security implications of installing these recipes? Does it open a opportunity for a hacker or virus writer who can trick a well intended user into embedding the wrong code? Is there a way to use these recipes securely?

Randy