[pmwiki-users] PMWiki feature questions

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Aug 17 18:16:25 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:44:47PM +0100, Dan Bramall wrote:
> 1. My client requires that users can put a geographic tag on their articles
> so that as well as searching by categories, users can also search for wiki
> articles geographically.  Is there a plug-in which does this?
You may find Tagger to be helpful:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Tagger

This makes adding multiple "tags" to pages easier, enabling one to have
more than one "Category" group, and without having to use link format
for the tags.

> 4. Is it possible to have a 'user profile' page whereby you can click a
> user's name next to an article they've created, and view their details
> (name, other posts, how long they've been registered for etc)?

Note that by default, PmWiki doesn't note who *created* a page, just who
has edited it.  Someone's written a plugin for that, though I can't
remember what it's called.

Also, while PmWiki does have Profile/Author pages, they do not contain
any automatic content.  You could probably do a pagelist for "other
posts", but PmWiki does not have any information about when a user was
registered.

Kathryn Andersen
--
 _--_|\     | Kathryn Andersen	<http://www.katspace.org>