[pmwiki-users] Tagging like TiddlyWiki

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 09:33:18 CDT 2009

2009/8/14 Michael Fake <michael.j.fake at googlemail.com>:
> I've just done a little test and Peter's solution does seem to work:
>
> [[_Dogs]] and [[Dogs]] both take me to Main.Dogs.
>
> If I then, on the Main.Dogs page, add the pagelist query
> (:pagelist link={$Name} _Dogs:)
>
> It lists those pages tagged with _Dogs, and not pages that have a link to
> Dogs.

Ah, that's true. I hadn't thought of using something other than a link
to a specific page as a tag and somehow missed that in Peter's
message.

> I did play around with Bloge tagging last night, and that looked like it
> might offer a slightly neater solution. I could create a standard link
> [[Dogs]], and a tag generated from (:keywords dogs:), both of which resolved
> to Main.Dogs. But I couldn't see a way of creating a list that was only
> looking at keywords. Anyone have any ideas of a way to do that?

The difficulty here is that the keywords aren't by default accessible
via markup, but that's easy to fix: add the following to a config file
to get a {$Keywords} page variable:

$FmtPV['$Keywords'] = '@$page["keywords"]';

Then, you can do a pagelist with (:pagelist $Keywords=*Dogs*:)

eemeli