[pmwiki-users] Tagging like TiddlyWiki

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Aug 13 18:59:14 CDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Michael
Fake<michael.j.fake at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to be able to set up a simple tagging system, whereby on each page
> you can add a tag which acts as a direct link to another page. E.g. You
> could tag the page 'Main/Daschund' with the 'Dogs' tag, and clicking on that
> link would take you to Main/Dogs. I'd then like to have the option to list,
> in Main/Dog, all those pages that have the 'Dogs' tag. This seems to be how
> tags in the ever-useful TiddlyWiki work, and I'd like a similar navigation
> option in pmwiki.

Perhaps you could use the

   $CategoryGroup = 'Main';

solution, as mentioned by Michale Continues, but then your "special"
links could be [[!_Dogs]] while normal links to Main/Dogs would be
either [[!Dogs]] or [[Main.Dogs]] or otherwise (note that there is no
underscore before Dogs in the "non-special" links.

Then your pagelist would either specify both the link and _Dogs as a
search term or just _Dogs as the search term (probably one or the
other would provide a slight performance improvement.)

(:pagelist _Dogs:)

Of course then you have to figure out some way of getting people to
actually enter the underscore consistently on these special tags, but
I'll treat that as a separate problem...

-Peter