[pmwiki-users] RSS syndication

Daniel Roesler diafygi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:30:34 CDT 2009

> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:01:20 -0700
> From: pmwiki at 911networks.com
>
> 1. Is there a way of getting the RSS to display the fully rendered
> page? Not just the description.

Not directly. $FeedFmt doesn't allow wiki markup, just page variables.
So, what you'd have to do is create a function that retrieves the page
markup, then converts it to html. This gets more difficult because the
MarkupToHTML() and RetrieveAuthPage() functions need $pagename as a
variable, and that is different for each item (and also different from
$pagename for the current page, where you called ?action=rss). I'm not
really sure how to solve that.

So, the simple answer is no. Although it is certainly possible to add
that functionality via a recipe.

> 2. Is there a webpage for all the values of: $FeedFmt?

Not that I'm aware of. You have to look in the feeds.php file with a
text editor to see them. I've copied them below. I'm assuming you're
looking for the RSS part of $FeedFmt, but you can look up the other
parts in feeds.php.
---------------------------------------
## RSS 2.0 settings for ?action=rss
SDVA($FeedFmt['rss']['feed'], array(
  '_header' => 'Content-type: text/xml; charset="$Charset"',
  '_start' => '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="$Charset"?'.'>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>'."\n",
  '_end' => "</channel>\n</rss>\n",
  'title' => '$WikiTitle | {$Group} / {$Title}',
  'link' => '{$PageUrl}?action=rss',
  'description' => '{$Group}.{$Title}',
  'lastBuildDate' => '$FeedRSSTime'));
SDVA($FeedFmt['rss']['item'], array(
  '_start' => "<item>\n",
  '_end' => "</item>\n",
  'title' => '{$Group} / {$Title}',
  'link' => '{$PageUrl}',
  'description' => '{$Description}',
  'dc:contributor' => '{$LastModifiedBy}',
  'dc:date' => '$ItemISOTime',
  'pubDate' => '$ItemRSSTime',
  'enclosure' => 'RSSEnclosure'));

Avast!