[pmwiki-users] Attachtable, now with meta silliness

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Apr 28 04:32:09 CDT 2009

Eemeli Aro wrote:

>I guess this could be seen as creeping featuritis, but Attachtable

kind of <g>.

Maybe you consider to rearrange the download files: A lean version and
getid3 as separate download (although the latter has to be splitted
for pmwiki.org).

><http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Attachtable> can now read meta
>information from attached media files, all the way from useful stuff
>like the pixel size of an image or the ID3 tags of an MP3 file to the
>program used to encode a movie file. Integration with RecentUploadsLog
>is also supported, so you can read the update history of a file.
>
>Oh, and there's a new action=thumbnail for extracting an embedded
>thumbnail from JPEG files as well other ways to find a thumbnail for
>an image.

Extracting thumbnails is also done by getid3, right?

As far as I see, there is a minor bug in the current version: By
default, PubDirUrl is not used for the CSS directory (wrong evaluation
order).

With $EnableUploadVersions disabled, it's IMO a bit confusing that
$HandleAuth['delattach'] controls the "rename" action link but not the
delete action link. One has to know to set $HandleAuth['deldelattach']
appropriately.

What is util.js and fileinfo.js good for?

Oliver