[pmwiki-users] Lack of caching of Attach:'d image files

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Apr 9 21:10:06 CDT 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 16:56:11 Karl Schilke wrote:
> I was just poking around on my PmWiki pages from my home computer
> (which has a slow Internet connection), and realized that images that
> I have Attach:'d to the pages are reloaded every time the page is
> displayed. This is a) annoying, and b) wasteful of bandwidth. Is my
> PmWiki set up incorrectly, or am I using the wrong markup for images?
> I currently use markup like 'Attach:image.jpg' to post images.

Do you have in (farm)config.php $EnableDirectDownload = 0; ?

- if yes, remove it AFTER having read these pages:
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadVariables#EnableDirectDownload
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin

- if no, you may wish to check your browser/proxy settings. You may have
disabled the cache in your browser, or set a very small disk size (or your
disk may be full). Test with another browser. I have myself had this once :
my browser had the cache disabled.

- if still no, then this is very probably a mis-configuration with your
hosting server.

Thanks,
Petko