[pmwiki-users] Howto go from PmWiki Demo Main.HomePage to BlogIt in 30 min?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Thu Apr 9 07:47:03 CDT 2009

DaveG wrote:
>>> Q: Is there any issue with naming the pages with ISO dates? ie Blog.20090407
>> I seem to recall that page names must start with an alpha character, so
>> they can't be all numeric. I'm not 100% sure of that though -- perhaps
>> someone else on-list can confirm.
>>
>> BlogIt shouldn't care what the name is though. Although BlogIt does do
>> some manipulation of the file name, adding hyphens, so maybe something
>> is happening there. I'll take a look at that.
> Well it does look like there's some sort of issue with numeric
> pagenames. The do seem to show up in the sidebar, but delayed by one. So
> if we create entry "1", it won't show in the sidebar. Create entry "2",
> and "1" shows up. This doesn't happen with alphanumeric entries -- only
> numeric entries.
>
> The really odd thing is that the same form of pagelist is used to
> generate the blog-list, and that works fine -- all entries show up. Even
> the blog-title-list works fine. Only the list in the Sidebar.
>
> I suspect it has something to do with PmWiki's caching mechanism, since
> we're both using that. Possibly something to do with not editing the
> sidebar, and thus cached entries not being regenerated? At this point
> though that's about as far as I can get. Anyone else seen anything like
> this with numeric pagenames?
The problem is cache related. Disabling the cache fixes the problem. So
I suspect what's happening is that the sidebar pagelist is not being
refreshed in the cache, since it hasn't been edited. I'm not sure if
there is a way to force refresh the cache -- perhaps someone can comment
on that.

Tim: You can test this out by disabling the cache -- comment out these
two lines:
#	$WorkDir = dirname(__FILE__).'/../work.d';
#	$PageListCacheDir = $WorkDir .'/';

  ~ ~ Dave