[pmwiki-users] Password Locations

Peter redfive at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:01:09 CDT 2008

Thanks to Hans who pointed me in the right direction.  I've now fixed my
problem below however I've delved into the usernames/groups issue and
require a bit more prodding along.

I've gone into my SiteAdmin.AuthUser section and followed the appropriate
directions.  I've enabled my extension in my config.php.

I have a list of users in there with their password encrypted correctly.  I
think this is done right.  I also have set those users into a group called
@esupport
I think I've done that correctly.  I've copied what I have below
Authorization groups

Authorization groups are specified with a leading "@" sign. Define either
the login accounts belonging to a group or the groups for a login account:

    # @writers: alice, bob
    # carol: @editors, @writers
    # @admins: alice, dave

@esupport: tim, rob, mattp, liz, mattj, davef, daveb, anthony, roge

In my config.php I have the following
## This does the Various User Groups I'm doing
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

## You'll probably want to set an administrative password that you
## can use to get into password-protected pages.  Also, by default
## the "attr" passwords for the PmWiki and Main groups are locked, so
## an admin password is a good way to unlock those.  See PmWiki.Passwords
## and PmWiki.PasswordsAdmin.
$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = 'encryptedpass';
$DefaultPasswords['attr'] = 'encryptedpass';
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = '@esupport';
$DefaultPasswords['read'] = '@esupport';

$ForbiddenPasswords = array('yyy', 'zzz');
if (in_array(@$_POST['authpw'], $ForbiddenPasswords))
unset($_POST['authpw']);

I can't log in with the various names I've set.  What am I missing or what
have I done wrong?

Thanks all!

Peter