[pmwiki-users] Displaying a markup variable via a skin template

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Sep 29 16:28:40 CDT 2008

Hi,

I want to display a variable from the markup on each displayed page via
the skin template.

I thought I would be able to use a PTV directly. Thus, in markup:

  (:something: marctest:)

and in the template file, something like this:

  {$:something}

But this just displays {$:something} on the page.

I get close with

  <!--markup:{$:something}-->

I don't have to use a PTV, I just want to use something in markup so
that users can change it.

(I currently have:

  <!--function:header_text-->

in the template and:

  function header_text($pagename) {echo 'something';}

in the page's .php file, but the users can edit the text in this
method.)

Any ideas? Thanks.

--
Cheers,