[pmwiki-users] Problem with xlpage-utf-8 when using Clearn uls

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Sep 24 08:23:11 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 13:22:34 marc wrote:
> This is a bit esoteric, but I have a site on which I'm using Clean URLs
> and Get Rid of Main. All is working fine - as these do on many sites.
>
> However, I also need to use UTF8, so I've required:
>
>   scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php
>
> in config.php.
>
> This is working, in terms of displaying UTF8 characters, but a side
> effect is that it's broken the page links. When I do, say:
>
>   http://localhost/SomePage
>
> (where SomePage is in reality Main/SomePage) Firefox is reporting a
> 'Redirect Loop'
>
> When I disable xlpage-utf-8.php, all is well again.

Hi.

I would try here two things.

1. Include/require the xlpage-utf-8.php file before the code for the
GetRidOfMain recipe. And before most other recipes. [1]

2. If the above does not have the required effect, disable redirects. Add to
config.php this line: [2]

  $EnableFixedUrlRedirect=0;

Thanks,
Petko