[pmwiki-users] mini not displaying image

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Sep 23 19:04:15 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 22:41:32 david roundell wrote:
> installed this cookbook: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Mini but my
> problem lies with displaying the image on the page. i'm only getting a red
> 'x' (i.e picture not found), together with the filename and filesize

Hi,

One possible reason could be that that your PHP server installation does not
have the GD image functions enabled.

-> If you manage your server, (gnu/linux) install the package "php5-gd"
or "php-gd2", or (on windows) enable the "extension=php_gd2.dll" in the file
php.ini (remove the ; before it). Then restart the server.

Another possible problem could be that your files are too large; some servers
may be unable to resize pictures larger than 2 MPx (1600x1200). Does it
happen with all files or only with large ones?

-> Resize down the pictures before you upload them, to at most 1000px wide;
this is more than enough for most of your visitors' screens,
-or-
-> If you manage your server, you can increase the allowed memory in the file
php.ini : change the line "memory_limit = 32M ;" Then restart the server.

Another problem could be with file permissions or filenames with disallowed
characters, however if you upload your file via PmWiki (?action=upload), the
filename and permissions should be fine.

Is there an address where I could take a look at it and test it?

> also i would like to use the Mini: cookbook site wide - is there an
> automatic script to insert in say, Main.GroupHeader to change images to
> thumbnails - or would i need to do these manually?

Mini creates the thumbnails automatically. If you have enabled it in
config.php, the Mini: markup will work in all pages.

If you have per-page attachments (upload directories) instead of per-group,[1]
you can set in Main.GroupHeader or Main.GroupFooter such a line:
  Mini:*

This will produce a list of thumbnails to all pictures in every page of the
Main/ group.

Thanks,
Petko

[1] for per-page uploads, see http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin .