[pmwiki-users] Can custom markup in template's included page alter global variables ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Sep 10 07:50:03 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:16:12PM +0200, Jean-Fabrice [gmail] wrote:
> The issue is :
> When I use my custom markup in a wiki page, let's says MyGroup/MyPage,
> everything is ok : markup code is displayed, CSS styles and HTMLheader
> are ok.
> When I use my custom markup in a template's included page, like
> Site/PageActions, only the markup code is displayed. CSS styles are
> not ok, nor HTMLHeader.

Currently the main text of a page is processed before any output
takes place, but sidebar and other items are processed at the point
that a template is being output.  As a result, by the time sidebars
and other items are being processed it's too late to add things to
the headers.

I don't have a good feel for when this might be changed, if ever.
I don't know that we can safely change this behavior in the core,
as I think it's very likely that there are some sites that depend
on the current behavior.  I might be able to create a configuration
switch for it, however.